Being a fashion stylist and blogger, my job demands that I stay abreast with the emerging trends and fads, as a part of which I did a small research about the current trends of the city which has been home to me for almost a decade now. Bangalore has been gradually emerging as one of the fashion hubs of India. Let’s find out what’s rounding up in Namma Bengaluru, , and what is the daily fashion dosage of the people living here.
- Crop Tops: This piece of clothing is undeniably the hottest trend of the year and can be seen in every nook and corner of the city. With all the varied prints and designs available in the market, the possibilities of styling a cropped top is endless. For a casual look, team it with a pair of denims, don it with a pencil or flared skirt for a party, or even with lehengas and sarees for festive occasions and weddings.
- Colourful Hair: Gone are the days when people dyed their hair with shades of browns and burgundy. Blue, green, purple, red, pastels, silver and ombre have been in trend for a while now and Bengalureans are experimenting and flaunting these fun and quirky hair-colours like a boss!
Image Source: Rock Paper Scissor
- Distressed Jeans: Whether a trim on the knee or shredded to bits, this trend is here to stay. Nothing screams street and casual as a good pair of ripped/distressed jeans.
- Rolled-up pants: This simple yet effective trick turns the table from shabby, to prim and proper yet casual in seconds.
- Artsy Outfit: Apart from being an abode to engineers and IT professionals, Bangalore is also home to a number of creative people. These free-thinkers have no line-of-demarcations when it comes to their personal outfit either, and this unconventional way of dressing up is being loved and absorbed by a lot of other fashionistas too.
- Layering: Winters are short-lived in Bangalore, hence the riveting winter fashion, layering, is something that we have always longed for. So what do we do? We experiment with our outfits. Casual Shirts, denim and summer jackets, classic blazers over T-shirts, dresses, skirts, rompers, a mix and match of pretty much anything and everything. We have mastered the art of layering there.
Casual Slip-ons: We love wearing our Casual slip-ons. Choosing a trendy yet complacent pair of shoes everyday is an effortless affair now.
- Chokers: Chokers were a big hit in the 90’s and thank heavens they are back with a bang again. Wear them with any outfit to add an extra oomph to your look. Yup! Just like that!
- Metallic Flat Sandals: Flashy and comfortable. These Metallic flats are available online as well as in the local markets in Bangalore. Go grab yourself a pair if you haven’t bought one yet.
If there is anything I have missed out, or you guys have any kind of queries, need style advise, leave a message in the comments section or feel free to e-mail me.